Looking at my predictions from last year, There were many things that were off, but that won’t stop me of making my stupid prediction:
- GOP – Donald Trump. Democrat – Hillary Clinton. President – Hillary Clinton.
- Mass shootings will not rise, but the coverage will increase from cable networks.
- Someone will talk about succession.
- The ACA will have 6 million next year with United Healthcare leaving.
- Virtual Reality is the new gadget in 2016, but it will underwhelm.
- The iPhone 7 will be released.
- Wearable tech is out, nanobots are in.
- Cable companies will increase the price of internet to justify the increase of cord-cutters.
- Rise of independent contractors will rise to 42%
- Unemployment will be 4%
- More companies will institute training for guns and reduce work productivity. At the same, you will see the rise of telecommute worker.
- Politics will be more infused in companies with the upcoming Presidential Election.
- The streetcar will finish…in 2017.
- Metro will not raise its rates, but increase the number of billboard ads.
- It will be announced that Dan Snyder will build a new Redskins stadium in Tysons Corner.
- There will be low number of riders on the Metro, and low cars on the road because of the new tolls implemented.
- There will be a Tim Horton’s franchise in D.C.
- People will start moving out of D.C. and live micro cities.
- Weather: mild winter, hot summer.
- National Harbor becomes the newest microcity in the D.C> area and will compete with Tysons.
- The star of the 2016 Olympics: Katie Ledecky
- USA will win 72 medals.
- Kevin Durant will sign with…Oklahoma City
- DC Sports:
- Capitals – Eastern Conference Semifinal (I’m sorry, although they are playing great, I still don’t trust them in the playoffs)
- Wizards – First round exit against the Miami Heat.
- Nationals – Wild Card winner
- Redskins – 2015: advance to the Divisional Playoffs. 2016: 8 wins, miss playoffs. Kirk Cousins: re-signed via franchise tag.
- D.C. United – Lose in the one-game playoff, but will make a splash in international signings.
- Networks will provide premium access to get revenues up.
- Someone will create a GMO that is environmental friendly.
- A Star Wars anthology will be the biggest grossing movie of the year.
- Here’s how The Leftovers will end: everyone disappears.
- Bill Cosby is the new O.J. Simpson.
- Dating sites will become matching sites: matching friends, workplaces, favorite places, etc.
- I’m not going to try about dating again.