I predicted last year that it will be hard to top 2014…and I was right.
Nothing dramatically has changed in my life: I still have my job at BroadPath (actually got an added role in social media this year), did some side jobs, and I won Fan of the Game again (as the Jayson Werth Chia Pet gnome). Other than that, It was an uneventful year after what happened to me at this time last year. I wish I could tell you more, but seriously, I didn’t do much in 2015. Ok, there were a few key moments:
- My top moment this year was meeting up with my fellow NPR interns for the 10-year reunion at the new NPR headquarters in “NoMa,” as the kids would say. I swear, none have changed from 10 years ago except for me having longer hair and losing a few pounds, literally. Some were thinking of doing this every year. I’m game, but don’t ask me to be the event organizer.
- I’m a 4-time uncle now that Nolan was born and it’s also sad that I’m single. I want to have children.
- I actually won a cash fantasy football league. Thank you, Jordan Reed.
- I use Airbnb for the first time this year. I really like it and would use it again.
- Seeing Pope Francis in D.C. on my Birthday.
- I saw my first no-hitter (Max Scherzer, June 20)
- Although I enjoyed being a volunteer at the 2015 World Police & Fire Games, I was not happy that my role switch from covering a hockey event to social media curator. When I heard they did not have enough volunteers to cover all the events, I has stunned since they said over 6000 volunteers signed up. I would assume they would shift, but nope. I now see why DC was not a contender for the Olympics.
- I missed a celebrity wedding because someone went senile and had a fit because the person thought I wanted to go the reception, for which I said a month ago, I wasn’t going and was staying in D.C. the whole day and this person tells me to “listen” to people. Yeah, good advice [sarcasm].
- Missing the Winter Classic at Nationals Park. I just started my job.
- The Nationals
As for 2016:
- This blog will turn 10 next month. Holy cow, I’ve been writing crap for 10 years.
- The SHRM Conference is in D.C. I want to be one of the bloggers. I need to write more HR stuff. I try to, but everything has been taken. Also, there have to better keynote speakers than Paul Begala and Tucker Carlson, right?
- I will be doing some vacationing. One for a couple days at a resort and something big later in the year, but I don’t want to jinx it. I have not had a vacation in three years.
- My dad is looking for part-time work in Fairfax. He wants to work at Lowe’s. If anyone from Lowe’s, in the new Fairfax store, is reading this, my dad prefers to be an assembler.
- Someone better take me to Primanti Bros. in Hagerstown, MD at Hunt Valley Mall.
- Oh, the Presidential Election.
Have a Happy and Safe New Year!