This week is my birthday and I have to say, I had an adventurous 30th year in life:
- Got a burger named after me.
- Lisa Loeb and I hugged.
- I won free tickets to Celebrate Fairfax! for life.
- Apparently, in one of the most iconic pictures this year (personally for me, in my lifetime).
- Started freelancing and learn so much of people’s different needs.
Do I expect my 31st year to be as epic? Not really, but I could try.
As you know, every birthday year on this blog, I have a list charities to donate as a gift for my readers, friends, followers, creepers, you name it. This year, it’s self-explanatory. I mention I work for Recruit4Cause, a social enterprise job board where portions of the sale go to charity. If you have a job opening, you can post to Recruit4Cause’s site and donate to these charities:
- Autism Speaks – National Capital Area
- project c.u.r.e.
- Doctors Without Borders
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society – National Capital Area
- Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia
- Direct Relief
- American Red Cross – National Capital Region
As a bonus, if you do post your job on Recruit4Cause’s site, I will assist you on finding the people that you need.
My 30th year was pretty good. Maybe it’s the following year I finally become an old man.