Last night I attended the Citizen Gulf event where all the proceeds go to Gulf families who have children (or child). it was a wonderful event and meeting old friends and new faces. So far, DC has raised over $1500, which is very good.
Almost a third of that came from the dating auction. The highest bid was $75, but to be fair, the starting bid was $5 and it was for fun and for charity. This left me asking to myself (and a couple friends who ask me to do it): how much is my personal worth to be around?
So for the next couple weeks, I’m starting my dating auction experiment. That’s right, I’m giving my soul selling my services for one day by auction. This is probably a dumb idea, but after last night, I want to do it for the hell of it.
Here are the rules:
- People in the Continental United States are eligible for this auction.
- You must be 18 or over.
- Only individual (man or woman) bidders, no group or company bidders.
- No anonymous bidding. It is open to the public.
- Please make your bid on this post comments below only. I will not take bids outside this post (email, Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
- Your bid must be a multiple of 5.
- Bid limit rules: Your bid cannot raise more than the size of the most recent bid (ex. The most recent bid is $40. You can bid up to $80. If you bid $85 after the $40 bid, the bid is invalid) except the last day where there’s no-limit bidding.
- There is no monetary benefit for me, my company, and my affiliations. All proceeds go to charity.
- All bids are subject to review. If the winning bidder is invalid, the second to last bidder is the winning bidder.
For the winner of the auction:
- If you use me in a personal setting – your entitled to a lunch/dinner and 1 event of your choice
- If you use me in a professional setting – you have me between 9 AM – 5 PM
- If the winning bidder lives outside the DC Metro area, you must accommodate my travel (I will pay for the amenities like bags, food, and others)
50% of the winning bid will go to Citizen Gulf and the other 50% will go to the charity of your choosing from this list:
- National Wildlife Federation
- The Hockey Foundation
- WAMU 88.5
- DC College Access Program
- Help the Homeless
- Animal Shelter
What do I expect from this auction? I don’t know, but if you give yourself for charity, nothing can go wrong, right? We’ll see. I’ll keep a daily update (except this Saturday where I’m very busy). By the way, a little synopsis about me if you’re a first time reader of my blog:
I’m the founder of my own company that deals with recruiting/staffing/social media in nonprofits and associations. I’m currently the Vice President of Outreach for the George Mason School of Management Alumni Chapter. I’m a huge DC Sports fan and the only team I like outside of DC is the Florida State Seminoles. Some people recognize me as a Tony Kornheiser emailer and if Tony’s radio show is on, I’m listening while working. I’m not a suit guy unless the event warrants me to wear a suit. I like to try new things. I’m not a fan of chicken and ketchup. There are many things I want to mention, but you can go through the rest of my blog. Fini.
The auction ends on Friday, September 10 at 11:59PM EDT. Let the bidding start at $5.