Now the time of year where I look like a doofus and make some bold predictions. Just look at my predictions last year (although one was affected by Yanni, which no one saw it coming). So, let me get my psychic gear:
And here we go:
- Republicans will recapture the House and gain a 4 seats in the Senate on Election Day
- Obama’s Approval Rating will still hover 50% and probably will be in the next 2 years
- The jobs market will improve since 2010 will be a rebound year. 2011 will be the most interesting year with government contracts ending.
- There will be more consultants/contractors because they want to do more than one thing, hence…
- Companies will start to talk about human billboards
- Verizon will have a huge year with their “rumored” iPhone 4G.
- If Facebook was 2007, YouTube in 2008, Twitter in 2009, 2010 has a few candidates. My top 3: Foursquare, Square, and Formspring.me
- Major gifts to nonprofits will stay the same in 2010 as people will start getting to the flow of things.
- More violence arises in Iran, but more and more, Iranians will switch to the green Revolution.
- Out: Personal Branding /5 minutes ago: Candidate Pipeline/ In: Execution
- Average Conference attendance will improve 3% from the previous year.
- The Washington Capitals will make the Stanley Cup Final…and be part of the 2011 Winter Classic against the New York Rangers at Yankee Stadium.
- The Washington Redskins and the Dallas Cowboys will have the two biggest payrolls in the NFL in 2010 since this is an uncapped year. The Redskins will not go to the playoffs.
- The Nationals (or Natinals) will not lose 100 games.
- The Wizards…you know.
- Rupert Murdoch will attempt to buy the Washington Post since half the editors used to work with the Wall Street Journal.
- There will be more independent musicians in the market
- The new term of 2010: Urban Farming
- More people will declare themselves independents (although, in technicality, everyone is an independent)
- For the hell of it, The TV Show, Ed, will be released on DVD.
- The Winter Olympics will have higher ratings than american idol at times since it’s in Vancouver.
- Since the World Cup is in South Africa, Brazil will win the World Cup and USA will make it to the Round of 16.
- Tiger Woods will be athlete of the year after winning in majors in Pebble Beach and St. Andrews
- While social media usage is still going to grow, it will not overtake emails and texting. That will take 3-5 years
- The new home/office accessory everyone will ask: the Tablet
- Finally…The Animal Revolution will still reign supreme in 2010 and there is no one can contain or stop it.
I hope these predictions hit the mark (or close to it). See you in 2010.